Nyhus builds and defends reputations for companies and leaders who drive positive change. We work with influencers, media and others to advise businesses and leaders, solve problems and strengthen our communities. We tackle complex, high-stakes challenges that need thoughtful, tailored and intelligent solutions and deliver exceptional results for our clients. For almost 30 years, we have connected and inspired people with wise counsel, creative ideas and powerful language.
Nyhus is looking for an Account Supervisor or Account Manager (dependent on skills and experience) to support our growing number of high-profile clients. Our ideal candidate thrives at the nexus of business, policy, community, government and media. This person uses creativity, strategic thinking, expert communication skills and a passion for collaboration to successfully lead multi-pronged campaigns that deliver results.
• Serve as a firm leader / senior leader and primary contact on diverse, high-profile accounts, anticipating client needs and bringing a value-added approach to drive meaningful results
• Demonstrate proficiency in managing complex business, public relations and public affairs issues and crises
• Manage multiple clients and accounts, overseeing quality and accuracy, exceptional customer service, budget and deadlines
• Lead and collaborate with team members, delegating and managing workloads across the Nyhus team while maximizing utilization
• Maximize client retention and organic growth by establishing, maintaining and growing strong relationships with clients
• Stay current on public affairs and public relations industry trends, anticipating and responding quickly and strategically to changing business, political and community issues
• Participate as a leader or senior leader in agency business development strategy and execution
• Potentially serve as a manager of other team members, helping develop and achieve personal growth plans
• Engage in leadership roles in community, nonprofit and industry organizations to build genuine relationships and nurture deep community connections
• Foster a positive working environment that reinforces the importance and value of individual contributions and team collaboration, encouraging and training account teams
• Partner with the executive team to develop and implement company policies and procedures, reinforcing Nyhus values, ethics and culture
• Proven record of designing and implementing successful public affairs and public relations campaigns, programs and strategies with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Exceptional writer and persuasive communicator who has skill and expertise developing messaging in a variety of styles and formats
• Over seven years of experience in a strategic communications or public affairs agency, consulting firm, business, government agency, political office or nonprofit (experience budgeting, planning and billing hourly)
• Solid experience in crisis communications and reputation management, and success creating and managing crisis campaigns
• Two to five years of experience leading and collaborating with multi-person teams, with direct experience in building and managing diverse teams
• Strong relationships with business and civic leaders, elected officials and community leaders in the Seattle area, and a thorough understanding of the Washington state political and business landscapes
• State or federal government experience, campaign or political experience at the state or federal government level preferred
• Solid understanding of how social media relates to public relations and advocacy campaigns
• Commitment to advancing equity and inclusion priorities for the firm and embracing diversity in all forms.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision) and paid medical leave (maternity, paternity, illness, caring for a sick family member).
Other benefits include an employer-sponsored 401(k) plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, four weeks of accrued PTO, ten annual paid holidays, support for growth and development opportunities, and a collaborative and supportive team to help strengthen and grow your professional network.
To apply for the Account Supervisor position, please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the role at Nyhus and three relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 12, 2021. Applicants will be required to take a writing test during the interview process.
Nyhus is minority-owned, NGLCC-certified, and committed to creating a respectful, inclusive, diverse environment in which everyone thrives. Nyhus is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or other non-merit-based factors. We encourage anyone interested in learning new skills and working on a small, dynamic team to apply.