Nyhus builds and defends reputations for companies and leaders who drive positive change. We work with influencers, media and others to advise businesses and leaders, solve problems and strengthen our communities. We tackle complex, high-stakes challenges that need thoughtful, tailored and intelligent solutions and deliver exceptional results for our clients. For almost 30 years, we have connected and inspired people with wise counsel, creative ideas and powerful language.
Nyhus is seeking an Office Manager to support our growing team and client base. The Office Manager plays a critical role that includes representing the company to clients, partners and vendors. Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and a positive attitude are essential. The right candidate is able to work independently as well as collaboratively, with an excellent work ethic and a strong sense of urgency. We are looking for an energetic go-getter who is proactive, solution-oriented, and able to multi-task and master new concepts and tasks quickly. Anticipating needs, showing flexibility and a willingness to adapt in an evolving work environment are crucial to success in this role.
• Maintain highest level of confidentiality in handling files, e-mail and other sensitive client and business information in all aspects of role
• Assist firm’s CEO and President with scheduling, expense reporting and other administrative needs
• Manage the Nyhus team calendar and assist team members with scheduling meetings and events
• Support recruiting efforts and onboarding / offboarding of employees; own master checklists and drive progress against them
• Monitor Nyhus public folders and direct messages to appropriate recipients
• Provide back-up support to Vice President as needed
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Develop proficiency in Nyhus’ time-keeping software (Projector) and perform administrative tasks within the software, including setting up projects and adding staff to projects
• Maintain relationship with external IT support team and drive improvements in support, technology and tools; participate in regular check-ins with IT; maintain records of hardware and software
• Serve as a key point of contact for Nyhus’ marketing automation system (Active Campaign) and contact management tool. Duties include entering and updating contact information, tracking referrals and new business, helping send emails and pulling lists of groups, as well as adding and removing users and assisting the Nyhus team when needed
• Maintain updated list of Nyhus employees with our partner organization, IPREX
• Identify opportunities to streamline and improve effectiveness / efficiency
• Oversee the Nyhus HUB – our team’s co-working space located in a beautiful, historic Volunteer Park neighborhood residence – ensuring cleanliness of common areas and inventory of office / kitchen supplies, placing orders when needed
• Be the first point of contact with clients in person and on the phone; answer and direct incoming calls
• Maintain / improve office organization and filing systems
• Manage relationships and appointments for Nyhus HUB vendors
• Maintain office equipment, including copy machine and printers
• Pick up mail twice weekly from post office box and distribute / handle; deposit checks and inform leadership of payments
• Plan, organize, and execute internal staff and client events such as team picnic, holiday party, virtual events and in-person events (when safe to hold)
• Minimum of two to four years of university and/or trade school, or other administrative training in business or office administration
• Minimum four years of experience as an Office Manager, preferably in a similar fast-paced environment
• Experience supporting a team of professionals
• Excellent communicator – strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented with strong project, time-management and follow-up skills; effectively able to multi-task
• Proficient in MS Office applications, and other database tools
• Advanced knowledge of office procedures, organizational systems, and general office equipment
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to track time precisely and consistently
• Commitment to advancing equity and inclusion priorities for the firm and embracing diversity in all forms.
• Mobility to climb and descend stairs multiple times per day and to travel for errands
• Motivated self-starter with positive attitude and unflappable professionalism under pressure; able to work well under deadlines
• Solid analytical, problem-solving and teamwork skills; able to effectively prioritize work and manage expectations
• Good judgment with high standards of accuracy, responsiveness, integrity and discretion
• Ability to build effective relationships with all people inside and outside the organization
• Experience working in a collaborative team setting, and receiving and providing constructive feedback
• Capacity to work in a rapidly changing and growing environment, manage ambiguity and successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
• Sense of humor (we like to work hard and have fun)
This is a full-time position at the Nyhus HUB, located in the Volunteer Park neighborhood of Seattle. The Office Manager will be at the office Monday through Thursday, with flexibility to work from home on Fridays.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision) and paid medical leave (maternity, paternity, illness, caring for a sick family member).
Other benefits include an employer-sponsored 401(k) plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, four weeks of accrued PTO, ten annual paid holidays, support for growth and development opportunities, and a collaborative and supportive team.
To apply for the Office Manager position, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the role at Nyhus to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 24, 2021.
Nyhus is minority-owned, NGLCC-certified, and committed to creating a respectful, inclusive, diverse environment in which everyone thrives. Nyhus is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or other non-merit-based factors. We encourage anyone interested in learning new skills and working on a small, dynamic team to apply.