The ideal candidate thrives at the nexus of business, policy, government, community, politics and media. This person uses knowledge, creativity and passion to successfully lead multi-pronged communications and advocacy campaigns that inspire change, solve problems and create lasting impact.
The position requires someone who can own, manage and foster high-profile client relationships; think and implement quickly, accurately and creatively in a fast-paced environment; focus on strategy development and issues planning; triage priorities; execute flawlessly; and serve as a valued extension of our clients’ teams.
Competency with corporate communications, public affairs, crisis management, advocacy and media relations is key. She/he will maintain a supportive and empowering work environment and a culture of high performance for a talented team of professionals, including overseeing and mentoring mid-level and junior staff members as appropriate.
Our new director is bright, energetic, politically well-connected, an excellent writer and gifted at crafting clear, compelling and persuasive language. Candidates should have at least 10 years’ work experience, including agency experience where responsibilities included communications strategy, client management, crisis communications, business development and leading others. Ideally, candidates should have three or more years’ experience working in a political office, Washington, D.C. or on political campaigns. In addition, candidates must have strong ties to, or considerable recent experience working in, Washington state, ideally Seattle.
This leader will be a member of the Nyhus executive team, which will include responsibilities such as contributing to the strategic direction of the agency, helping to drive new business, overseeing staffing and personnel management, stewarding firmwide strategic plans, balancing client priorities, and monitoring and evaluating company financial performance.
Client Strategy, Service and Relationship Management
– Serves as senior firm contact to a group of high-profile accounts; leads and directs client management and quality control for key deliverables; stewards crisis management efforts; brings a value-added approach to all issues and projects
– Leads multiple clients, often in crisis mode, and ensures service excellence and results; maintains exceptional customer-service standards
– Ensures strategies and tactics are in place to achieve client goals and satisfaction; develops and delegates programmatic elements; evaluates impact through qualitative and quantitative metrics
– Expert at managing public affairs, reputation and media issues; effectively manages and leverages existing relationships with the media
– Works collaboratively to add value to clients by closely integrating with other Nyhus staff and client teams; bridges core competencies within firm to provide integrated, comprehensive service to clients
– Exhibits writing and editing excellence on all internal and client content; serves as final reviewer of high-profile client deliverables
– Maximizes client retention by establishing, maintaining and growing strong relationships with clients; able to quickly identify and remedy problems on behalf of the client; includes other team members in establishing broader relationships
– Stays up-to-date on communications and public affairs industry trends; anticipates and responds quickly and strategically to changing business, political and community issues
– Key leader in business-development strategy and execution; sets and meets new business goals
– Drives organic growth and new opportunities for clients and billings; meets cross-selling goals
– Leads new business opportunities and proposal and presentation processes
– Participates in, and encourages the development of, target sectors, on both local and national levels
– Actively engages in community, nonprofit and industry organizations to generate business leads
Team Leadership and Development
– Leads and develops growing team; ensures effective client management, service excellence and individual team member accountability and career development
– Maximizes utilization of team members through day-to-day leadership, one-on-one management, employee goal-setting, participation in peer and other reviews, development plans and effective recruitment
– Encourages and creates a positive working environment that reinforces the importance and value of each team member’s contributions and of team collaboration
– Encourages and trains account teams on managing and growing business as well as Nyhus business practices
– Works with executive team to develop and implement company policies and procedures; reinforces Nyhus values, ethics and culture
– Participates in cross-team special projects as needed
Financial Management and Oversight
– Ensures that client budgets are developed and managed appropriately and client billings are accurate
– Communicates effectively and clearly to clients on budget status and projections
– Maintains team billability and productivity requirements; monitors for account profitability; tracks billable time daily, precisely and consistently
– Works with VP of Finance to ensure client budgets are comprehensive, actual costs are monitored and approved, and billed account receivables are collected in a timely manner
– Proven record of designing and implementing successful integrated communications and public affairs strategies, in a corporate, political or governmental capacity
– 10+ years of experience in strategic communications at an agency, consulting firm or in the public or private sector
– 5+ years of experience leading and collaborating with multi-person teams, with direct experience in building and managing diverse teams
– Agency or consulting experience required (budgeting, planning and billing hourly)
– Proven record in successfully attracting and growing new business
– Solid experience in crisis communications and success creating and managing crisis campaigns
– Strong relationships with businesses, elected officials and community leaders in Washington state, and a thorough understanding of the Northwest and its Washington, D.C., connection
– Corporate communications and public affairs experience helpful; government or political experience preferred, ideally with some campaign, Hill, administration, legislative or gubernatorial experience
– Demonstrated excellence in strategy and plan development; writing and presentations; media relations, and consultative selling
– Must be exceptional writer and persuasive communicator; comfortable messaging in a variety of styles and formats
– Solid experience and understanding of social media and how it relates to advocacy campaigns
– Competence and confidence: Candidate must be confident and articulate in all client interactions, and demonstrate genuine passion and enthusiasm for the client’s business. Candidate must be an experienced, broadly capable project and account manager who can juggle a range of assignments, clients and budgets with a high degree of independence
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, political science, journalism or a related field
Nyhus Communications is minority-owned, NGLCC-certified, and committed to creating a respectful, inclusive, diverse environment in which everyone thrives. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Nyhus Communications is the 13th fastest-growing PR agency in the world, according to the Holmes Report’s global 2018 rankings. Founder Roger Nyhus has been named as an Outstanding Voice in the Puget Sound Business Journal’s Business of Pride awards honoring LGBTQ leaders.
Salary reflects experience. Competitive benefits package. Applicants may be required to take a writing test during the interview process.
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the role at Nyhus and three relevant work samples to email@example.com