We’re looking for our next great summer intern! The Nyhus internship is developed to give broad exposure to a boutique agency experience including support of marketing, public affairs and public relations to teams on client-facing and internal initiatives and projects. This includes but is not limited to implementing digital marketing strategies, assisting with social media content and initiatives, monitoring and analyzing client media coverage, conducting research, and supporting the maintenance of media lists, speaking and awards programs, and editorial calendars. The intern is hands-on member of the team and the internship is approximately three months long.
INTERN JOB DUTIES
Client Account Support
– Support client-facing team members with multiple high-profile accounts
– Support on various marketing and business development tasks including data and contact management projects
– Work with the team and marketing leadership to implement digital strategies (e.g. marketing automation campaigns, analyzing and visualizing data sets, multimedia production) for client and Nyhus marketing efforts
– Assist with social media initiatives and track social media trends
– Draft social media content and calendars
– Gather and analyze media coverage of clients and client-related issues
– Work with client account leads and team members to develop and maintain comprehensive media contact lists across multiple clients
– Maintain and develop stakeholder lists and briefing materials across several clients
– Assist in drafting press releases, fact sheets, policy/issues papers, and other materials
– Conduct research as necessary
– Support team in coordinating and facilitating special events and press conferences
Internal / Administrative Activities
– Track billable time precisely and consistently
– Support Nyhus marketing and social media initiatives
– Support data and contact management projects
– Support administrative staff on operational projects, as needed
– Other tasks and duties as assigned
– Basic understanding of communications strategies and tactics
– Exceptional written communications skills
– Organized, with stellar time-management skills
– Effective multi-tasker
– Strong attention to detail
– Basic understanding of using social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) and content aggregators for business purposes
– Team player, positive attitude and ability to self-motivate
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Excellent judgment with regard to accuracy, responsiveness, integrity and discretion
– Ability to work well under deadlines and in high-pressure situations
– Solid computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience using Adobe Creative Cloud design software, marketing automation platforms, data visualization tools, collaboration tools (Slack, Asana) a plus
– 50% billable
– Based on a minimum 40-hour work week
– May be asked to work some evenings and weekends
– BA/BS degree in marketing, journalism, communications, political science, public relations or related field preferred
– Professional experience preferred
– Compensation is $15 per hour; this position is not eligible for company benefits
– The intern position is classified as nonexempt, and is subject to federal and state overtime and minimum wage requirements. Overtime will be calculated using the method for fluctuating workweeks. Thus work over forty (40) hours in a work week will be paid an overtime amount equal to one and one-half times the hourly wage rate for the number of hours over forty worked in the week.
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the role at Nyhus and three relevant work samples to email@example.com.Applicants may be required to take a writing test during the interview process. We respectfully ask that you refrain from calling about your application.
Nyhus Communications is minority-owned, NGLCC-certified, and committed to creating a respectful, inclusive, diverse environment in which everyone thrives. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Nyhus Communications is the 13th fastest-growing PR agency in the world, according to the Holmes Report’s global 2018 rankings. Founder Roger Nyhus has been named as an Outstanding Voice in the Puget Sound Business Journal’s Business of Pride awards honoring LGBTQ leaders.